Job Title: Distillery Tour Guide
Reporting to: Event Manager
Job Type: Part Time
Salary: Competitive, hourly
Location: Winchester Distillery Ltd, Manor Factory, Old Alresford, Hampshire SO24 9DH
Winchester Distillery is an award-winning spirits producer launching six years ago as the first craft distillery in Hampshire. It is best known for producing Twisted Nose Dry Gin from its base in the heart of Hampshire's watercress beds a few miles outside the city. But it’s our dedicated and enthusiastic team that is at the heart of our brands, products and experiences.
In an exciting period of growth that will allow the distillery to produce spirits in new categories including rum, brandy and whisky, an enthusiastic Distillery Tour and Tasting Guide is required to deliver our popular events; to telling our story, describing the distillation process and providing guided tastings of our range of spirits (brand training will be given) to ensure professional, informative and engaging experiences for visitors, customers and consumers.
Purpose of role:
- To deliver/host distillery tours and tasting events (some weekend work required).
- To represent the company and our brands with authenticity, energy and passion.
- To deliver and host the events.
- Assist with sales in the retail area (and restocking when required).
- Signing guests in and orientation of the facilities.
- Setting up the distillery and tasting room pre event.
- Packing down the distillery and tasting room post event.
- Making drinks for guest arrivals.
- Assist with maintaining good house-keeping to provide a clean, safe and healthy environment within the distillery and tasting room, at all times.
- Join a young, well-funded business at an exciting time of growth.
- Become an authority on spirits both from a historical perspective and from a contemporary viewpoint.
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2, or equivalent.
- Experience of delivering spirit based activities preferred (training will be given).
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Personable, passionate and confident.
- A reliable and trustworthy team player with a strong work ethic.
If this role sounds like it has be written for you, please send CV with covering letter explaining why you are the ideal person for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org.