Job Title: Spirits Educator
Reporting to: Events Manager
Job Type: Part Time
Salary: Hourly, based on experience
Location: Blend Academy, 4b Middle Brook Street, Winchester, SO23 8DQ
Winchester Distillery’s Spirits School, the Blend Academy, is dedicated to the creation, tasting and enjoyment of spirits. The heart of the school is the Blending Room, our research laboratory where visitors learn the art of gin-making and create their very own personalised gin recipe to blend, bottle and take home.
Purpose of role:
- To host, design and deliver spirits-based activities, events and masterclasses.
- To assist guests with their creations including refining their recipes and assisting with balancing their chosen flavours.
- To professionally represent Winchester Distillery, the Blend Academy and our spirit brands.
- Hosting, managing and delivering the content of the event.
- Manage pre and post event operations at the Blend Academy to include good house-keeping, waste management and stock checks.
- To maintain a clean, safe and healthy environment within the academy at all times.
- Ability to work alone or with other event team members.
- Liaise with the event team to coordinate event dates and client requests.
- Record the recipes created by clients on a database.
- Data entry required to print bottle labels.
- Join a young, well-funded business at an exciting time of growth.
- Meet lots of people, work in a great team and become an authority on spirits.
- Potential to increase to a full time position.
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2, or equivalent (with sound knowledge of spirits).
- Experience of delivering spirit based activities preferred (training will be given).
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- A personable and confident team player with a strong work ethic.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
Please send CV with covering letter explaining why you are the ideal person for this role to: email@example.com.